Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Check out this SlideShare Presentation:
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Are you looking for a legitimate home based business to launch? Here are ten reasons why you should include a home based travel business in your research.
As large Corporations begin to outsource, downsize, automate and streamline their operations, many Americans are faced with the startling realization that company loyalty and seniority may not guarantee them the job security and retirement benefits they desire.
Despite the economy, the travel industry continues to grow, with online travel making up the fastest growing sector of this industry.
Top 10 Reasons To Consider A Home Based Travel Business:
- The Industry – Travel is a seven trillion dollar a year business, and is expected to double to fourteen trillion within the next decade. Despite current economic conditions, the travel industry continues to grow, and is growing 23% faster than the Global economy.
- The Timing – A key factor in the growth of the travel industry in the upcoming decade is the “Baby Boomer” generation. This is a key demographic for the travel industry, for two reasons. The first reason is that the Baby Boomer generation is seventy eight million strong. Baby Boomers are retiring at a rate of one every eight seconds, and will continue to do so for the next twenty years. The second reason that this demographic will drive the growth of the travel industry is because Baby boomers consider travel a necessity, not a luxury, and they have indicated travel as the number thing they intend to do when they retire.
- The Technology – 52% of all travel booked in 2007 and 2008 was booked online, and is expected to grow to over 90% by the year 2010. In 2007 alone, over 19 billion in travel and related services was booked through online booking engines. More travel was booked online than offline with traditional brick and mortar travel agencies. Source: phocuswright.com
- The Investment – True to the home based business model, home based travel businesses have very low overhead. The majority of your investment will be in training and licensing. Training and certification costs will depend upon which travel business opportunity you decide is right for you, based of course, on your due diligence research.
- The Flexibility – The flexibility of a home based business makes a home travel business perfect for stay at home moms, stay at home dads, those looking for part time income, and retirees. This opportunity is not limited to that particular niche however. Many individuals have left their full time jobs after starting a home travel business, simply because their part time income surpassed their full time job earnings. The ability to set your own hours and to be your own boss is a very attractive advantage to working from home.
- The Business Models Available – Several traditional brick and mortar companies now see the value of bringing on travel agents who work from home, but this option is still considered an “Employer – Employee” arrangement. There are other attractive options available that offer the business owner a travel booking engine, and the ability to become a Certified Travel agent for a small investment, and a monthly web hosting fee. Companies that offer this business model include Traverus Travel Network, World Ventures, Global Resorts Network, and YTB .
- The Benefits – The benefits of becoming a home travel business are many. The travel industry has a reputation for taking care of travel professionals by making it extremely affordable to travel. Travel agents save up to 80% on travel, can receive complimentary upgrades on flights, hotels and car rentals. In addition, many companies offer perks such as member trips and the ability to build an organization to maximize earnings.
- The FAM Trips - also known as familiarization trips. Suppliers will offer access to their facilities at substantial discounts so that travel agents will have first hand knowledge of what their clients will experience when they travel to the suppliers destination. The travel agent will then be able to make recommendations and book travel for their clients based on their personal knowledge. Travel suppliers will roll out the red carpet for the travel agent to ensure the travel professional has an outstanding time.
- Say Goodbye To Traffic and Commuting – The true beauty of any work from home business is the fact that when you wake up, you are at work, when you are ready to work. Just to be sure to pace yourself, and if possible, have a designated area for your work. That way, when you close the door, and turn out the light, you’re really off of work for the day.
- The Tax Benefits - There are also tax benefits for individuals who chose to do this profession as an independent travel agent, working from home. You should consult with your CPA or tax professional for more information regarding this benefit.
About the Author: Alecia Barnes is a successful internet entrepreneur who helps other network marketing professionals to integrate effective marketing strategies to grow their businesses on and off-line.
Free Internet Marketing Advice
Start a Home Based Travel Business
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Online travel agencies have tapped into the power of the internet and Google to dominate the travel industry.
Now you can tap into the power of the internet- with your own travel website.
Traverus offers a legitimate home based business opportunity in the $7 TRILLION dollar travel industry, which is growing 23% faster than the global economy.
Want to know more? Go to http://traverus-travelagent.com
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
- Address: 18/21 Northumberland Avenue, London, Great Britain
- Hotel Rating:
- Location: Trafalgar Square area
- Includes: hotel, hotel taxes, and tours listed below
- * Airfare not included
Near London's famed Westminster Abbey and Trafalgar Square, this superior hotel offers a welcoming oasis in the heart of an amazing city. Within walking distance of the National Gallery and a wide variety of shops, restaurants and entertainment, guests enjoy a comfortable home away from home complete with a fully-equipped kitchen area and convenient amenities.
The City, Tower of London & River Cruise:
Description: Explore some of London’s most-famous attractions during this exciting city tour! Visit the Tower of London, see the Famous Crown Jewels, float down the Thames on a relaxing river cruise, snap some photos at St Paul’s Cathedral, then take a unique Walking Tour of Covent Garden. With so much to do and see in London, this tour is a great chance to see the best of London-with one of the city’s expert guides!
Original London Sightseeing Tour - Open Top Bus Tour:
Description: The Original London Sightseeing Tour provides more than just a great way to travel around London. Founded in 1951 at the time of The Festival of Britain, and now the largest single sightseeing operator in the world, it has now become established as the essential introduction to London. It is the only sightseeing tour to offer you total choice and flexibility. The Hop-on Hop-off service allows you to board any of the tour routes at over 90 different stops with a commentary in English or a wide choice of other languages. Hop-on Hop-off services are frequent and reliable with tours running daily, every 15-20 minutes. The Original Tour allows you to experience all of the magical sights and sounds of London in a comfortable and secure environment.
Interested in more member trips like this? Go to http://bookcruisesflights.biz and click on member trips.
Interested in enjoying the tax benefits of owning your own travel business? Go to http://traverus-travelagent.com, or become-travel-agent.biz fill out your information and a TraVerus travel consultant will contact you within 48 hours.